BAGMA -Burton & Garran Hall Members Association is B&G’s resident committee which organises all the social, cultural and sporting events and represents the students of the hall. There are 18 elected residents that sit on BAGMA, each in charge of a specific portfolio.
Arts & Cultural
To organise the executive for the B&G theatre production. To organise competitors for the Inter-hall arts shield events including: Trivia, Chess, Big Night Out, Debating, Public Speaking, Arts Show, Poetry Slam, Choir, Dance Night, Talent Show, and Theatre Sports. Also to organise cultural events at B&G such as live music nights.
This team includes 2 returning residents and a first year representative.
Communications & Media
To produce the term and fortnightly calendars of events to go up around the college. To run the Communications sub-committee to assist them in taking photos at BAGMA events.
This team is made up of two returning residents.
To organise numerous community events such as the Murder and RAOK weeks, the fortnightly breakfast club, as well as charity based events such as shave for a cure and a charity auction. Also organises applications for the setting up and funding of B&G clubs and societies.
- The President’s role is to organise the rest of the team and to represent the view of the students to college administration. They chair weekly BAGMA meetings and the General meeting each semester.
- Vice President – Administration
- The role of the VP Admin is to organise the sponsorship for the hall, to take minutes at the meetings and the General Meetings and to organise the yearbook committee to assist them in compiling the yearbook. They are also in charge of BAGMA’s Facebook pages and BAGMA’s section of the Redbacks website.
- Vice President – Social
- The VP Social’s role is to organise the Social life at B&G. Their role includes organising the B&G Mid-year Ball and Mr B&G. As well as organising bar nights throughout the year. Also to run the Social Sub-committee to assist them in organising these events and planning Bush Week.
- To decide on the budget through consultation with the rest of the committee. To keep track of the budget. To go on shopping trips with committee members.
Organises environmental initiatives at the college.
This portfolio includes end of contract recycling programs, veggie garden management and the clean tea towel initiative.
Organises Holi and the Multicultural Ball as well as advocate for and represent the views of International students at the college.
This team is made up of both a returning resident and a new resident.
To organise events for and to represent the views of Post-Graduate and Honours students at the college.
To organise sports teams to compete in the Inter-hall Sports shield, including hockey, ultimate Frisbee, volleyball, rugby league, softball, basketball, soccer, netball, AFL, touch football, cricket, and road relay and athletics carnival. Also to run social sports once a term.
This team includes 3 returning residents and a first year representative.