For residents going home or travelling for the summer or deferring their contract for up to 12 months, you can utilise B&G’s storage spaces so that you don’t have to take everything home with you and bring it back!
Storage is provided as a courtesy to our residents in facilities that are available on-site. Though storage facilities are locked, it is important to note that whilst all care is taken, items in storage are left at owner’s risk. Burton and Garran Hall accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to your goods whilst in storage. Storage is only available to current and returning residents of Burton and Garran Hall. Any items left in storage by non-residents (including ex-residents) will be treated as lost or abandoned property and will be removed and given away to charity.
- E Block
- Limited storage for items in approved boxes only is available to residents in our E block storage facility during term and break times for current and returning residents.
- Approved boxes are only available from the front office for a minimal cost of $3 each.
- Before placing goods in storage, residents must: obtain approved boxes from the Office, fill out a Storage Application Form online, collect labels to attach to boxes intended for storage and affix them to the approved boxes to be stored.
- 2 approved boxes may be stored in E-Block free of charge. 1 or 2 additional approved boxes may be stored for a total of $20. A maximum of 4 boxes per resident.
- All items that are not in an approved boxes may be removed without notice
- Access to store or retrieve items from E-Block is by prior arrangement only at either 11.00am by Office staff (this must be arranged during office hours) or 9.00pm by Duty Student. There is no access outside these times.
- Limited storage space for items that not appropriate for E block including fridges, suitcases, and large boxes is available under Central Block during the summer period for returning residents
- Central Block
- Charges are applied for storage in this space at the following rates:
- Suitcase/Bag – $20
- All other items including fridges – $50
- Access to Central Block storage is only available when the Office is open (during weekdays) at 10.30am
- Items need to be removed within 2 weeks from the start of contract in February or July. Any items left in storage beyond these periods will be treated as lost or abandoned property and will be donated to charity
- Trunk Rooms
- On each floor, there is a Trunk Room with limited storage space for residents on that floor only. This room is to be used only to store empty suitcase/bags while a current resident is in room, during term times. During summer break storage is provided in E Block or Central Block (ref to above information) During break periods only (Easter, between semesters, summer residents), you may request access to the trunk room on your floor through the front office at 10:30 am on business days.
- Access to trunk rooms is available during term times, contact your Senior Resident or Community Coordinator.
- There is a limit of one item to be stored per resident. Each item must be clearly marked with your name
- Any items left in these rooms outside your residential contract period (including summer periods) will be treated as lost property and donated to charity
This information will be provided closer to the time. Generally E Block will be open every hour on the hour and Central Block will be open every hour on the half hour. This is on Check Out Day at the end of year only, not mid year.