- Limited storage for items in approved boxes only is available to residents in our E block storage facility during term and break times for current and returning residents.
- Approved boxes are only available from the front office for a minimal cost of $3 each.
- Before placing goods in storage, residents must: obtain approved boxes from the Office, fill out this online Storage Application Form, collect labels to attach to boxes intended for storage and affix them to the approved boxes to be stored.
- 2 approved boxes may be stored in E-Block free of charge. 1 or 2 additional approved boxes may be stored for a total of $20 each. A maximum of 4 boxes per resident.
- All items that are not in an approved boxes may be removed without notice
- Access to store or retrieve items from E-Block is by prior arrangement only at either 11.00am by Office staff (this must be arranged during office hours) or 9.00pm by Duty Student. There is no access outside these times.
- Limited storage space for items that are not appropriate for E block including fridges, suitcases, and larger boxes is available under Central Block during the summer period for returning residents
- Access to Central Block storage is only available when the Office is open (during weekdays and check out day) at 10.30am
- Charges are applied for storage in this space. These charges over the summer period will be:
- 1 Box (Small) – $20
- 2 Box (Small) – $40
- 1 Box (Large) – $50
- 2 Box (Large) – $100
- 1 Suitcase – $50
- 2 Suitcase – $100
- Fridge – $50
- Items need to be removed within 2 weeks from the start of Semester 1 contract in February. Any items left in storage beyond these periods will be treated as lost or abandoned property and will be donated to charity
Terms and Conditions
Storage is provided as a courtesy to our residents in facilities available on-site. Though storage facilities are locked, it is important to note that whilst all care is taken, items in storage are left at owner’s risk. Burton and Garran Hall accepts no responsibility for loss or damage received by your goods whilst in storage. Storage is only available to current and returning residents of Burton and Garran Hall. Any items left in storage by non-residents (including ex-residents) will be treated as lost or abandoned property and will be removed and given away to charity.
By signing this form you agree to the following conditions:
- All items must be in SEALED BOXES, LUGGAGE BAGS or OTHER LARGER ITEMS (Fridge TV’s Furniture, etc) complete with OWNERS FULL NAME and the DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF STORAGE and DATE LUGGAGE WILL BE RETRIEVED.
- This form must be completed and returned to the office.
- Storage of items will be for the summer period only, for longer term storage arrangements must be made with the office.
- All items are stored at OWNER’S OWN RISK.
- Any items found not marked or not labelled or past the allowable storage period will be disposed of.
- Perishable goods, weapons, chemicals or dangerous items are NOT to be stored in the storage.
Go to –